Aanbevolen post

Sunday 8 November 2020

14th month

This week (November 2nd - 8th) I came back from an amazing trip to Colorado on Monday morning, It was really exhausting cause I had an overnight flight and I arrived at 6:30 and started working at 8:30. But I made it through the day and I even did a workout in the evening. I had a nice week with the kids. A few ups and downs as always, but it was quite good! I took them to the playgrounds a lot because the weather was great and I organized a girlsnight for them and their friends on Friday at one of their friend's houses. I did their make up and hair, painted their nails and I baked cookies for them. The parents ordered pizza for the kids and we had Thai food which was delicious. Later at night we made s'mores at a campfire which was really nice! On Saturday I went out for a run in the morning and then I went to soccer with my hostfamily as a surprise for the girls. They kept asking me when I was gonna watch them play so I finally did this and they loved it! Unfortunately the youngest one fell from the monkey bars at the playground there and she had a little head ache... She's all fine now though luckily! After that I met with my friend Jasmine and we walked around the city because many people were goin crazy because Biden probably won the elections. Many people were singing and being crazy which was amazing to see. Then Hendry joined us and we went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant which is called 'Alice'. The food was really good! On Sunday I called with my family and friends and then I went hiking with Jasmine at Ridley Creek State park which was amazing! We had a picnic there and the hike was very nice! Especially with all the beautiful trees with all their colors!!

I love Fall!!

This week (November 9th-15th) it was getting so cold in Philly... Brrr it's so freezing that it's even too cold to sit still outside for one hour. At least it was sunny and only 2 days it was raining a bit so I still took the girls to the playground. Luckily we didn't go to gymnastics this week as one of the crew members was tested positive for covid! Also Jana didn't go to KO12 as one of the kids in another class was tested positive for Covid too... So the kids were both home all week which was pretty hard sometimes. I had quite a lot of stress to help them both at the same time. To reduce this stress a bit I worked out a lot again. On Saturday I went out for a run (I ran half a marathon again!) and later I did the same route with the bike. After that I met my Dutch friend Aaliyah and we walked for a bit and then we sat at Rittenhouse. After that I went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant with another friend in Fishtown which was nice! I think this will be my last time going out for dinner in for a while as I think some new restrictions will be announced tommorow... I assume restaurants will be closed soon again and also the gyms etc... So I'm gonna buy some stuff this weekend before everything closes!
On Sunday I went out for lunch with Aaliyah and Jasmine and then I went to Longwood 
Gardens which was very beautiful!! I loved it!

Spontaneous ideas are the best!

This week (November 16th - 22nd) was a long week again. The girls were both at home all week so I had to figure out my way to deal with this sometimes. It was a tough week again with the yougnest one and during week I didn't meet anyone and I couldn't go to the gym because we would go to the grandparents in Harpers Ferry this weekend and we had to be very careful because of Covid... On Thursday I did a test myself because I ordered a kit for free together with my hostmom. On Friday the kids had to do a test and this was a big disaster... The youngest one totally freaked out... But luckily they did it and we are all 'negative' so we couOn Friday night I went to Franklin Square with Aaliyah and Elias which was really nice brecause of the beautiful Christmas decorations! We set around the campfire which was awesome! On Saturday I ran half a Marathon again and then I biked to Wissahickon with Myra and we went for a little hike there. We also took some nice pictures. So Saturday I basically worked out for 4 hours... Woops...
On Sunday we left to Harpers Ferry! I am so excited for Thanksgiving next Thursday and I am so Happy to be there again for a week!!


Hiking with Myra!

This week (November 23rd - 29th) we spend the whole week in Harpers Ferry. It was really nice and I was sad when i had to leave again on Sunday... On Wednesday one of my hostmom's sisters came too with her baby and husband. Then Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving and the other sister and her boyfriend came and we were cooking all day long! It was a great day though! With lots of delicious foods! We had mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with pecans, salmon, green beans, mac& cheese and last but not least: the turkey of course! On Friday we bought the christmas tree for the grandparents and we went to a cute brewery for dinner which was really nice! On Saturday I first went out for a run and I ran half a marathon again. And then we went for a nice hike all together and then we played games. We also watched some movies this week with the whole family which was so nice! I really love this family and I am so glad to experience these holidays again with them! Can't wait to go back there for Christmas! On Sunday I met with a good Dutch friend Sharon, who was on a little road trip and had her last stop in Harpers Ferry. It was so nice to see her again after one year! We met at the photography course I did in New Jersey / New York last year but we didn't have the possibility to meet each other after that because of covid. So it was great to walk and talk for a bit!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment