Aanbevolen post

Monday 10 August 2020

11th month

(August 3rd-9th)
HAPPY 11 MONTHS USA!!! YAAY! 
This week we had a lot of activities going on. Elin had summer camp but Jana still not because everything was full. She did have some tennis and gymnastics lessons so at least she had something. And this weekend I went to the windy city: CHICAGO!!! With my friends Aaliyah (Dutch Au Pair) and Maryam (Italian Au Pair) we left on Friday! OMG! I LOVED IT!! I literally enjoyed every single second of this trip from the beginning till the end. Even though it didn't start well because one of my friends missed her flight, we had an amazing time! Luckily she just took the next flight and got this for free because she had the excuse that the plane was too full and she didn't feel comfortable with that because of Covid-19! How genius! On Friday I went to the Wrigley Field stadium with Maryam when Aaliyah was not there yet. We went to The world's biggest Starbucks, walked along the river and took some great pics and when Aaliyah arrived we changed and took a shower to get ready to go out and take some nice pictures in Millennium Park. At our hotel we met another Au Pair from Germany and we asked her to join us for dinner. We had dinner at the Navy Pier (Deep Dish -> pizza) which was delicious! On Saturday we went to the Buckingham fountain, Water Tower Place, Chicago Theater, James M. Nederlander theater, Riverwalk and some other nice places around the city. In the evening we had a sunset boat tour and this was the most beautiful boat tour I've ever made in my life! No words for this! I enjoyed every second of the 2,5 hour trip! We got one hour extra for free because of high thigh and we loved this because that's why we saw Chicago by night too! On Sunday we went to the Sky deck (at the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower) which
was also really really awesome! Unfortunately we only had 60 seconds to take pictures in the glass cubes.. But we stayed at the other part of the deck for 1 hour! I can't have enough of the great view of Chicago! Everything looks great! I am in love with this city and it's definitely my favorite city in the USA so far!

Chicago, I love you! Hope to see you soon again!


This week (August 11th - 17th) the girls both had camp again so I had some free time which was nice! I worked out and called with my family and friends and I cleaned quite a lot around the house or prepared dinner already so I didn't really relax when I was free but that's just how I am I think. I can never really 'relax'.. On Tuesday I met with Hendry and Bereket and we played some games which was fun. I am so sad Bereket is leaving in two weeks already... Can't believe how many people are leaving... It's so sad.. It makes me want to go home too sometimes to be honest... On Friday I went out for a walk with Maryam and on Saturday I had lunch with her and Aaliyah (the girls I went to Chicago with) and this was great. After lunch we went to the Fashion District (shopping mall) and we went to some shops and I bought one jumpsuit which was $54 first and I got it for $16! So happy with it;)  In the evening I went to a bar outside with Hendry (outside they don't check my ID!) and he bought a margarita for me and this was really good! We also played card games which was fun! On Sunday I had a virtual cluster meeting and I practiced some Spanish (as I usually do every day now since a few months).
This lunch was delicious!!

This week (August 18th - 23rd) the girls had the last week of camp. When they had camp, I did the laundry, cleaned the house a bit and i washed the sheets. I also called with some friends and family which was nice. I took the girls to the playground a few times where they could meet with some friends and play together. The weather was great this week too so that was nice! On Tuesday I met with some friends in Fishtown at a café / bar and we went to a great fair at Penn's Landing (the river park). On Thursday I met with a girl I met in Chicago and we went out for a long walk and got some ice cream on our way. On Friday we went out for dinner together in Fishtown at a place called ' Chue. It is a really nice ramen restaurant and we tried a lot of great things! After that we went out for a walk and we drove to the other river on the other side of center city. On Saturday I had a goodbye party from Bereket and this was really really nice! We danced a lot on Spanish music, had some nice drinks and snacks and we just enjoyed being all together for probably the last time. I am sad so many friends are leaving, especially all my closest friends and my Dutch friends... But I'm also so happy I made some new friends too! On Sunday we drove down to the grandparents in Harpers Ferry again for a few days. We'll probably stay until Wednesday! I am happy to go there again as I love running around in the beautiful nature there! My hostmom's sister's and their husbands are also coming over! So nice!
I had an amazing party and we drove down to Harpers Ferry!

This week we were still in Harpers Ferry until Wednesday. We celebrated Jana's early birthday party for the family with cake and a taco night which was great and we went out for some hikes. I went out for a run a few times in the great nature and we just spent time with the family. I saw baby Jack for the first time (the baby of  my hostmom's sister) and he is soooo cute! On Thursday the girls had a birthday party from Matthew ( Bereket's hostkid) and Hendry and I were also invited. It was a nice party and after that we spent time on my rooftop which was great. I can't believe this is the last night we will be all together (Hendry, Bereket and me) because Bereket went home today... On Saturday I went out for lunch with Linda and a new German Au Pair named Mira. It was really nice and we went to Fashion District to do some shopping and then I biked to the river with Linda and we chilled at Cira Green (the rooftop at the river) which was nice. On Sunday I went out for a run in the morning and quickly stopped by at Bereket's to say Goodbye... It felt so weird to say goodbye to such a nice friend... But for me it was definitely not a goodbye! It was more like a 'see you soon'!! After that we celebrated Jana's 8th birthday with a brunch and then we went to a climbing park with two of her friends. What should have been a great adventure, turned into a huge disaster when she bumped into a tree... She used one of the obstacles as a zip line but you couldn't do that... No protection around the tree so she bumped her head and body totally into it... Poor thing... She went to the hospital and everything turned out to be fine but her party got totally messed up.. I feel soooo sorry for her... I ended up having a movienight with her sister...

Harpers Ferry & Jana's 8th Birthday Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment